Healthcare providers Help your patients help themselves.
As a healthcare providers, you know that patients can have better outcomes when they are active, engaged members of their medical teams.
But there’s a problem: Patients and family caregivers face a steep slope as they navigate an illness or injury. There are new medical terms to learn and understand, multiple appointments with multiple providers to keep straight. And they are dealing with strong emotions and life disruption while trying to balance their care (or their loved one’s care) with work and life.
We know that:
- Most people don’t remember some or most of their doctor’s recommendations after a visit, even if reminded.
- When people do remember medical information, they get the details wrong about half the time.
- Among patients taking medications for chronic diseases, only 50% take their medications as directed by their doctors.
- Patients who are more involved in their care are:
- Less likely to experience a medical error.
- Less likely to be readmitted to the hospital after discharge.
- More likely to have better care coordination and communication among their healthcare providers.
The ZaggoCare System is a unique, award-winning, cost-effective disease management tool for patients and caregivers that is unlike anything on the market. It teaches patients and families a simple, smart way to become fully involved, more effective members of their medical team — a long-ignored gap in patient care.
ZaggoCare helps patients and family caregivers:
- Better understand instructions and ask pertinent questions.
- Make informed decision about care.
- Feel more confident in speaking with healthcare providers.
- Keep track of health information, including symptoms and side effects.
- Better manage medication regimens.
- Coordinate care among specialists.
- Keep medical records organized and readily available.
Whether you work in private practice, a hospital or another setting, the ZaggoCare System’s practical guidance and disease management tools can help your patients and family caregivers be more engaged members of their medical team.
What’s included in the ZaggoCare System?
Our 123-page ZaggoCare Guide: Practical Tips & Tools for Managing an Illness or Injury provides critical insights and information that will improve how your employees navigate the medical world. Additionally, the System includes organizational tools to keep important information, paperwork and personal items at their fingertips. Users can just grab it and go!
2 ways to get the ZaggoCare System to your patients.
You can help your patients be engaged members of their medical team by:
- Ordering ZaggoCare Systems for your patients.
- Providing patients with information about ZaggoCare so they can buy one for themselves — include a flyer in your care packet and/or display flyers in your office.
All profits from your purchase of the ZaggoCare System benefit the Zachary Carson Brain Tumor Fund to find a cure for diffuse intrinsic pontine gliomas, the deadliest of all pediatric cancers. Zach’s Fund directly supports innovative research and has raised over $900,000 to date.
What do professionals say about ZaggoCare?
Have you read our free report on patient engagement?
Insights features opinions on patient engagement from health care leaders and patient advocates. Read what Dr. Chris Landon, a pediatric pulmonologist, thinks about the need for better patient communications, education and support.